Objective and overview
To provide students with a programme which encompasses all the fundamenatl skills of a PA combined with the finesse and training needed to operate in Executive PA / EA roles effectively. Students will train for job readiness and enhanced confidence in their competence to get their first job as an Executive PA. It will also enable students, already working as PAs, to consolidate their knowledge and gain greater confidence in their current roles with a view to moving up to an Executive PA role.
- All classes are tutor led.
- Training includes all the fundamental skills of a Secretary or PA
- Internationally recognised.
- Greater technical competence and understanding of all of the key requirement of EA careers
- High readiness for your job following course completion
- Our Career experts will provide assistance with the development of your CV and job hunting
- Develop your confidence through imprving your career, in our work simulated and interactive exercises
- Gain insight into the management process and how best to perform at an executive level
- Soft skills training for EA’s to perform appropriately at a senior level job
- Techniques to revamp your skills, stay ahead of your field and manage your own career development
On the job skills PA
- Job functions of a PA/Secretary
- Diary Management
- Business Letter Writing foundation
- CV Development
- Composing Faxes, Memorandums and E-mails
- Telephone skills
- Making Travel/Hotel Arrangements
- Filing Systems
- Time Management
- Invoicing/Petty cash
- Client Care
- Complaint Handling
- Work Planning
- Document Presentation and proofreading
- Confidence building
- Typing and audio skills to proficient level or further if you already touch type
- Organising meetings
On the job skills Executive assistant
- Writing business letters at Exec PA
- The transition from PA to Executive PA or EA
- Optimal document presentation
- Proofreading skills
- Leading in meetings and taking initiative
- Practical exercises for minute taking
- Audio transcription practice
- Typing speed training(optional)
- Confidence development for handling executive environments
- How to synchronise your role with your executive
- How to form priorities, organise your role / career and synchronise them to your executive
- Delegating, multi-tasking and learning how to take the initiative
- An overview of Management theory
- The different styles of executives
- Building a good professional relationship with your executive/s; providing optimised support
- Effective use of communication
- The mix of communication skills; verbal and non-verbal communication
- Effective questioning styles
- Handling Office politics
- Understanding the impact of social media on your role and the business
- An intoduction to Project Management and Event Management for EAs
- Negotiations; this can be internal or external.
Developing relationships at Executive Level
- Managing relationships with colleagues and understanding what they think
- Identify and manage stakeholders and their role.
- Assertive vs. aggressive vs. passive
- Saying "no", how and when to do so
- Advance your career with a clear and coordinated plan
- Map out your future career
MS Office and Typing training
1. MS Word 2007 or 2010 to Proficient Level-compulsory unit
2. MS Outlook 2007 or 2010 to Proficient Level;
3. MS PowerPoint or MS Excel to Proficient Level; 2007 or 2010
4. Typing and audio training. (Audio typing training is included in the fee but optional as a certification unit).
5. MS Word 2007 or 2010 Advanced level training plus one other MS Office product of your choice to Advanced Level.
The main courses are tutor led in house at our main centre. There is an experienced PA tutor combined later in the programme with an experienced management / soft skills trainer .
Practical and interactive style of teaching.
(exemptions may be applied for).
There are two main courses within this this programme:
If you want to proceed quickly you can take the first course above over five days and then the second over three days (see schedule). We allow up to three months from the end of the second course to complete MS Office and related typing training. You cann take the Secretary PA course part time evenings or weekends if weekdays are not possible. The MS Office and typing training is interactive online so attendance is not required except for the exams.
What do I need to join, who is this course for?
You need a good secondary education plus keyboard skills and good business or secretarial experience. If you do not have these, it may be that the Secretary/Receptionist Foundation course will be needed before taking this course. You can gain advice on this from the centre.
This course is suitable for a variety of people such as:
- Existing secretaries or PA’s looking to upgrade their skills and obtain certification.
- Company employees looking for related training.
- Experienced people from other sectors looking for a career change