To provide an extensive look into project management for people working in as an Office Managers, Executive PAs, PAs or other support roles. The course can be taken by anyone new to Projects, who is looking for an introduction to Projects.
The course provides a thorough overview of Project Management, with a strong focus on how successful PAs or Office Managers can use their transferable skills to adapt to a career in Projects. The course is highly practical and focuses on the skills needed to apply in Projects, both soft skills and technical skills.
This is a one day Project Management Workshop. However, we offer a more in depth 2 day course. CLICK HERE for information on the 2 days Course.
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM THE COURSE
- Sound comprehension of key project terminologies
- What it takes to be a project manager; skills and qualities
- What could go wrong with projects and how to prevent potential problems or even failure
- How to plan using Project Management models, tools and techniques to ensure project success
- What tools and methods you can use to control a project's progression effectively
- How to monitor processes and check everything is going as it should
- How to make the most of the skills you have already from previous careers
- An optimal mix of soft and technical skills to succeed in Projects.
- An overview project management and how to make sure the projects perform as successfully as possible.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone who wants to work in project management including Personal Assistants, Executive PAs, Office Managers are more. The course is suited towards both those that are new to the field and those that are experienced in Project Management.
- An overall introduction to the key concepts in Project Management
- The Project Lifecycle and an in depth look at the key stages
- Project terminology and associated models
- How to plan a project and manage it properly
- What soft and technical skills you'll need to be a successful project manager
- Getting Project Roles - what experience and key skills could work in your favour, when moving into Projects
- How to manage a project, stakeholders and the team
- Effectively managing time and budgets
- Role play of real situations and a look at how you would deal with them
- How you close a project and analyse how well it performed
HOW IT WORKS
The course workshop follows a classroom format. You'll also have a range of practical exercises to carry out and ample chances to interact with the rest of the people completing the course.
This is a one day workshop with various dates available. The day takes place between 10:00-16:30 and we welcome group bookings. We can also tailor make courses to your needs if required.