Giving Executive PAs, Office Managers, PAs and any other role that wants it the knowledge and skills needed to work within project management whether that be as part of a team or on their own. This provides an in depth overview of Project Management theory, models, tools and skills. We also offer a briefer version of the course, which is a one day workshop: CLICK HERE for information on the one day Projects courses.
- Project Management models, including PRINCE2, the Project Lifecyle and others
- How to handle deadlines and time pressures in this field
- Constraint and resource management
- Planning your project
- Sound comprehension of key project terminologies
- Numerical, and graphical presentation and control of Project
- Communication skills in a Project
- What it takes to be a project manager; skills and qualities
- What could go wrong with projects and how to prevent potential problems or even failure
- How to plan using Project Management models, tools and techniques to ensure project success
- What tools and methods you can use to control a project's progression effectively
- How to monitor processes and check everything is going as it should
- How to make the most of the skills you have already from previous careers
- An optimal mix of soft and technical skills to succeed in Projects
- An overview project management and how to make sure the projects perform as successfully as possible
WHO IS IT AIMED IT?
This course is aimed at Personal Assistants, Executive PAs and Office Managers. It can suit those already working within project roles and those looking to move into a Project Management role.
You'll get a classroom based workshop which helps with learning. You'll also get to interact with other people on the course and take part in exercises to help make sure you have confidence in your abilities to manage a project.
- An overall introduction to the key concepts in Project Management
- The Project Lifecycle and an in depth look at the key stages
- Project terminology and associated models
- How to plan a project and manage it properly
- What soft and technical skills you'll need to be a successful project manager
- Getting Project Roles - what experience and key skills could work in your favour, when moving into Projects
- How to manage a project, stakeholders and the team
- Effectively managing time and budgets
- Role play of real situations and a look at how you would deal with them
- How you close a project and analyse how well it performed
- An overview of PRINCE2
- An overview of Project Management IT software
- Closing off and Post completion audit
- Controlling and Executing a Project
- Formal documentation from Project: PIDs, Feasibility plans, proposals and other Projects
- Defining, researching and planning the project; SWOT, Cost Benefit Analysis and Objectives
- Using Gantt Charts, Critical Path Analysis and other methods to present project progress, monitor and control.
- In depth review of the Project Lifecycle
- Risk Management
- Project constraints
Dates can vary buy generally it is a two day course held between 10:00-16:30 each day. We can come to your venue if you have group booked.