The Office Manager Course – Level 4 Certificate was developed to help people understand the true nature of this function within a company. To focus the skills on truly effective implementation through interaction with subordinates and, in turn, senior company executives. To prepare delegates for further career progression.
This is a live three-day interactive course delivered by an experienced trainer in an online virtual classroom.
A mixture of theory and interactive exercises; role-play. We also offer the Level 4 Office Manager Diploma.
The course joins the necessary theory with interactive sessions, practical examples and role play.
Office Manager Careers
- Understand why your role is important.
- Key duties and skills
- What is an Office Manager? The role defined.
Knowledge of related functional areas
- HR (Human Resources) functions and activities- induction process
- Project management and planning – an overview.
- Health and Safety for Office Managers
- Facilities and premises management
- Budgeting and finance
- Why are objectives important?
- How to set objectives for your team
- How to co-ordinate with higher-level objectives
- Learn the finer points on why effective communication is so important; become an effective communicator and leader
- Learn the importance of assertiveness in performing your role
- Assertive versus Passive behaviour
Confidence building – get your own “can do” mindset!
- How to build your self-confidence and become a more effective performer and leader
- Lead through example
- Learn how to spread this confidence into the wider team
- Negotiate effectively
- Get the most out of your budget
- Decision-making techniques
- Developing and recording new office procedures for streamlining and efficiency
- Manage stress in yourself and the team
- Effective conflict management
- Delegation and supervision
- Team working and leadership
- Motivation- how to find the magic touch
- Importance and application of objectives in the team and group dynamics
- Working well with colleagues
- Coaching as a tool
- Time management
- Organising the team
Importance of the client
- Why are customers so important
- How to keep this in focus
- Complaint handling
- Career Development plan
Dates and Duration
Three-day course running from 10:30 to 16:30 each day.
- Existing administration staff looking to progress in their career
- Existing office managers looking to consolidate their knowledge and efficiency and get the related certification
- People looking for a career change and upskilling
Improved and more confident in the job performance
A true understanding of the role and how to operate efficiently within it.
Certification issued on successful completion – IEAA Level 4 Certification
Improved employability and confidence on the job.
The ability to progress to higher positions using the techniques learned to prove your worth