PAs, Executive PA, Company Secretaries, Legal Secretaries among others need to specialise in Minute Taking. Minute taking is an essential ability for any administrative or business professional. The one-day Minute Taking course is held in a virtual classroom and has been designed to deliver a systematic and technical approach to the taking of minutes at meetings. The course consists of a live classroom session, with an experienced Minute Taker, and several practical exercises that simulate the realities of meetings in the workplace, so that you can enhance your newly acquired skills.
The objective of our Minute Taking course is to instil the skills that will help you to prepare for meetings, identify the key points and accurately record the most relevant information. The course also identifies how best to present the meetings and communicate with attendees, using templates and several modes of communication.
Minute Taking Course
Intensive workshop held over one day, with an entirely interactive and combines theoretical as well as practical training. Training is delivered by an experience Minute Taking trainer in a virtual classroom.
The Minute Taking course covers all kinds of meetings, minute taking and writing styles:
- The chairperson’s responsibilities and their interaction with the Minute Taker
- Establishing good working rapport with the Chair
- Creating a suitable agenda – how to start, ensuring that all points are covered and the meeting progresses well
- Practical application of the agenda
- Note-taking in the meeting – practical exercises; how to sort information effectively and prioritise your minutes
- What is a good set of minutes; how to re-write poor minutes; bad minutes – feedback session
- Avoidance of the passive voice; correct tone and professional language. Q&A sessions with an experienced trainer.
The minute taking course is also highly popular among corporate clients. If you would like to book a bespoke course at your employer’s venue, rather than attend the scheduled course, this can be arranged. Please contact our office for details.
The Minute Taking Course is CPD Accredited and a CPD certificate is issued upon completion. Gain a recognised qualification to add this vital career skill.
Training can be combined with other PA or Executive PA training.